Skip to main content

Worship

Ever feel down? Start seeing the negative in things and all of a sudden the negative is jumping out at you and you’re left sitting in a pit. I think today is a good day to praise. I’m needing a good shot of Psalm 145 right now.

“Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;
His greatness no one can fathom.”

The dead of winter… make that the freezing cold dead of winter can get me down along with struggles and trials in my life. I need to be picked up out of that funk with a spring-fresh refocus on God’s greatness, compassion, provisions and grace.

I know that while I am enduring the sub-zero temps, spring is on its way. I also know that while I’m enduring trials through the growth process in my heart, God’s goodness is on its way as well.

At times He calls me to wait, something I am not inclined to do, and its all too easy to give up in the process. The song by John Waller “While I’m Waiting” encourages my heart so much. Psalm 147 reminds me of the importance of worship, especially while I’m waiting.

“How good it is to sing praises to our God,
how pleasant and fitting to praise Him!”

Grab a cup of coffee, sit back and listen to “While I’m Waiting” by John Waller here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb7TSGptd3Y


What encourages your heart to praise?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Announcing Another Litle Girl

What a new newborn does to a person! I’m in love. *sigh* Papa and I were able to spend almost a week with this new sweet-one when she was newborn.   Introducing Little Miss Alaya Jane . Isn’t. she. just. adorable? She’s my little Peanut. We’ve had 3 new granddaughters in the past 10 months – which makes a total of 5 little girls in 2 ½ years, and we are loving it! You can catch up on the first 4, Sweet Pea, Chickadee, Honey Bee, and Squirt, in the archives. (I'm having difficulty with linking to certain posts at the moment.) Oh, how the grace of God is so faithful! We have been reflecting on how proud we are of how our kids have grown to be adults who love God and married spouses who follow Him too. To see them start families and train their little ones to live to “make Jesus happy” – to put it in toddler terms. This leaves this Papa and Mama so happy… and humble. We weren’t perfect parents. We tried to be good parents, but often fell short. We are so thankf...

Precious One

I enjoyed tucking my daughter in tonight, we talked and even giggled when I broke out spontaneously in a ridiculous rendition of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. “Mom, rub my face like you used to” she requested. She shut her eyes as my fingers danced lightly around her face, something she used to like when she was a little girl. She drifted off to sleep and my thoughts drifted to praying for her. “Father, keep her from evil and keep evil from her… "She is Yours, help her to know that and live it and find satisfaction in nothing and no one else…." I was struck by the truth that her life and soul mean infinitely more to me than anything this life can offer. As I prayed, God re-ordered some things in my life and refocused my heart. I have been anxious to repaint my living room a fresh new color. Yet compared to the vital task of raising this young woman, building a God-world view in her life, my living room and so many other desires took a back seat and seemed so unimportan...

A Little Car and Learning to Trust

The telephone woke us. It was 1:15 a.m. Our oldest son was on the other end. “We need you to come pick us up. We hit ice and wrecked your truck. It’s not drivable.” My heart stopped. Relieved he and his wife were ok, I sent up a prayer of thanks. I jumped out of bed and gathered flashlights as my husband donned his coveralls, Carhart, hat and gloves. It was 31 degrees, a warm night for January in South Dakota. I sent up another prayer of thanks. Then I settled into my routine of pacing and praying. It’s what I do when I’m concerned and can’t do anything to help a situation. The phone rang again. It was my daughter-in-law. “I just need someone to talk to while Jeff is outside checking on the truck. I’ve never been in a wreck before. It is good we were on the bridge when we spun, otherwise we would have probably rolled.” I was so glad to hear her voice. So glad she was ok. She told me about what happened, then went on to tell me about her day. It had been her special day. Her Chr...